Friday, May 18, 2012

Evening Standard: Double standards and total ignorance on Israel

On 12 March 2012 the London Evening Standard published a story with the headline “Israel strike on Gaza militants kills schoolboy”.

My original blog posting about the story is here:
http://edgar1981.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/london-evening-standard-blood-libels.html

The story was false, but the Standard did not respond to an email complaint I sent the same day and nor did it print my letter submitted to the Letters page.

Hence on 15 March 2012 I made a formal complaint to the Press Complaints Commission (PCC) about the article.

The full (lengthy) correspondence on the case is here. The correspondence confirms my view that the Evening Standard is institutionally anti-Israel. The Standard admits it relies on a proven liar (Adham Abu Salmia) employed by the terrorist organisation Hamas, for its ‘information’.  The PCC ultimately rejected my complaint but welcomed the Evening Standard’s offer to put a footnote on the web version of the story stating that Israel had denied that such air strikes had taken place.

No comments: