Tuesday, December 11, 2012

What a result: Eden Hazard denies signing anti-Israel statement

My article about the footballers' attempted boycott of Israel very much focused on the most high profile player - Eden Hazard - of Chelsea. And I suggested that this was a concern that Chelsea's Jewish owner Roman Abramovic should look into.

Following my written complaint to Chelsea Football Club I have had a response. Without divulging the full details of the response the Club are happy for me to state the following quote from Eden Hazard's agent, John Bico:
'Eden never speaks about his political opinions and he certainly never signed anything.' 
So well done Chelsea for responding to this and well done Eden Hazard to distance himself so firmly from the appalling statement. Didier Drogba and Yohan Cabai already denied they ever signed the statement and I notice they have been removed from the list on Freddy Canoute's website. With the above announcement I look forward to the removal of Eden Hazard's name (still there as of 10.30pm on 11 December 2012) and an apology from the various anti-Israel groups that have been proclaiming the 'success' of this ludicrous statement.

No comments: