But, sadly today they were also giving their spin about the failure of the Middle East 'peace process' as their second news item every 15 minutes. Here is their 'balanced' analysis of the reasons for the failure (and given the number of times I heard this repeated on Radio 5 Live this is pretty much verbatim***):
"Both sides are being blamed for the failure. Israel refused to release Palestinian prisoners and there was Palestinian anger at Israel's continued settlement building in the occupied territories"Now there was I thinking before hearing this that the failure might be due to that fact that the Palestinian Authority had
- broken their commitment to recognise the Jewish State
- broken all of their other previous commitments, such as agreeing not to go to UN bodies
- decided to sign a pact with Hamas who are committed not just to Israel's total destruction but to killing every Jew in the world
- decided to sign a pact with Islamic Jihad who actually make the Hamas murderers look moderate
- continued with its antisemitic incitement at all levels of Palestinian society
- continued to glorify - and pay - child murderers for their 'heroic acts' in killing Jews
- not released enough terrorists and
- issued a few planning permits for areas like Jerusalem (which were NEVER part of any agreed 'settlement freeze')
"Both the Nazis and the Jews were to blame for the holocaust. The Jews refused to accept legally binding Nazi race laws which declared them as 'subhmans', and there was Nazi anger that Jews continued to want to live"
Sadly the British public is fed the BBC nonsense and not the the kind of excellent analysis like here, here and here about the failure of the 'peace process'.
*** The BBC website says something similar:
Talks between the two sides were already troubled after repeated disagreements over settlement building and the release of prisoners.
8 May 2014 Update: The BBC responds to my formal complaint.