|Naam and Eitam Henkin. Faces you will not see in a British newspaper|
Where the murders were not completely ignored, the victims were dehumanised instead. For example (although I did not hear it myself) apparently the attack was mentioned on BBC Radio 4 this morning but only in the context of blaming the victims as 'settlers' who had no right to be living or driving in the 'West Bank'. I also found an online report in the Guardian which not only fails to mention the names of the victims (let alone provide a photo of them) but provides a photograph and headlines from which an uninformed reader might interpret that the victims were killed by Israeli soldiers. Also note the Guardian does not even state that the attack was carried out by Palestinians but says "...attack which Israeli military says was perpetrated by a Palestinian"; to its readers that will suggest the claim is false, since the Guardian routinely tells them that Israelis are racists who cannot be trusted.
|Guardian article online: no mention of the victims' names; focus is on the 'Israeli military'|
Hamas welcomed the attack. “We praise the heroic operation that fighters in the West Bank carried out and we consider it a true response to the occupier’s crime.”*In particular, Nick Ferrari and James O'Brien of LBC curiously ignored the story completely even though they both routinely dedicate large chunks of their programmes to demonizing Israel whenever a Palestinian 'civilian' is killed, injured or even seen being arrested by an Israeli. Just last week - on a very heavy news day - Ferrari dedicated 30 minutes of his prime time slot to pure slander against Israeli soldiers for daring to protect themselves from being knifed by a Palestinian woman.
- Palestinian Authority celebrated- UN bid with murder of Rabbi in front of his children
- Rules and Guidelines for Western reporting on Israel
- BBC ignore attacks against Israel
- Martians attacking Jews again
- Arabs massacred by Americans on day of tit-for-tat violence
- New York Times tried the hide the truth about Palestinian killers
- Israeli bus catches fire
- Another dedication to the useful idiots at CNN and the BBC
- If the response to Pearl Harbour had been the same as that of modern Islamic attacks.