Thursday, March 16, 2006

World gone mad

I was going to write something about the ludicrous reporting of the Israeli jail storming, but Melanie Philips has already done it.

Also well worth a read is Alan Johnson's fantastic analysis of the threat of political Islam and how it can be defeated.

Finally check out this article about the Palestinians honouring two of the most brutal child killers of all time. This relates to an attack in 1979 the Washington Post called a "murder of unimaginable cruelty." Smadar Haran, wife and mother of the victims, described the attack as follows:
"It had been a peaceful Sabbath day. My husband Danny and I had picnicked with our little girls, Einat, 4, and Yael, 2, on the beach. Around midnight … the terrorists burst into our building. Danny helped our neighbor climb into a crawl space above our bedroom; I went in behind her with Yael in my arms. Danny grabbed Einat and was dashing out the front door when the terrorists came crashing into our flat. They held Danny and Einat I will never forget the joy and the hatred in the terrorists voices as they swaggered about hunting for us, firing their guns and throwing grenades. As I lay there, I remembered my mother telling me how she had hidden from the Nazis during the Holocaust. ... The terrorists took Danny and Einat down to the beach. There, according to eyewitnesses, one of them shot Danny in front of Einat so that his death would be the last sight she would ever see. Then he smashed my little girl's skull in against a rock with his rifle butt. That terrorist was Samir Quntar."
And that terrorist, along with fellow Jordanian Sultan Al-Ajaluni involved in the attack have been awarded honorory citizenship by the Palestinian Authority.

No comments: